Printer Friendly Version
Subscribe to our FREE monthly e-mail magazine.
PAN Y PAZ Bread and Peace|
Ave. 32# 14-18
Tel. 245-2256; 245- 8341
On the occasion of the 21st of September, 2003, The International Day of Peace and Nonviolence declared by the United Nations, we invite our fellow humans to commit themselves to nonviolence in all their relationships:
I commit myself to cultivate a personal and family spirituality of love and nonviolence
- I commit myself to respect and protect the dignity of human life in all its forms as well as to the care of creation.
- I commit myself to practice nonviolence in all my family relationships rejecting physical, verbal and psychological abuse.
- I commit myself, in love for my neighbor, to resolve conflicts in a nonviolent way.
- I commit myself to build solidarity and work for an alternative economy that promotes sustainable, holistic and human development.
- I commit myself to not carry arms or participate in militaristic projects.
- I commit myself to put my gifts, talents, abilities, time and resources to work for the construction of a just and peaceful society through active nonviolence.
- Bread and Peace. We call for all citizens to intentionally pray and fast for peace on Saturday the 20th of September and at 3:00 p.m. to break the fast by bringing bread to share in a communal gathering in the Renaissance Park. Bread for everyone; not bullets! Bread for the hungry; not bombs!
- We also invite you to attend a free concert of various types of music promoting nonviolence on Saturday the 20th of September from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the Renaissance Park at 26th St. with Carrera 22 to strengthen the construction of peace in Colombia. We invite you to send your feedback to this declaration to the following email address:
or call 245-8341 or 245-2256.