The Peace and Justice Support Network (<http://www.mennoniteusa.org/peace
>) will be present at national Mennonite USA assembly in San Jose, July 2-7, 2007. We will be hosting two Bible study sessions, providing seminars, giving away and selling resources at our display, and performing Drumming for Peace sessions. Check your San Jose schedule for times and locations.
Michael Hardin, Director of the School of Peace Theology, Education Coordinator for Every Church a Peace Church, and founder of PreachingPeace.com, will be leading two sessions of Bible study on How Jesus Read His Bible
. He will be reflecting on Jesus' nonviolent interpretation of the Old Testament.
PJSN encourages its supporters to attend the peace and justice related seminars provided at San Jose being led by PJSN leaders and friends.
- Preaching Peace and Justice - Leo Hartshorn
- CPT: Witnessing to What We Have Seen - Carol Rose
- Christians in Iraq : Struggle for Peace and Place - Peter Dula
- Blaming Eve: Confronting Sexism in Church and Society - Linda Gehman Peachey, Titus Peachey
- The Bible and Israel : Two Views and More - Willard Swartley
- Why Justice Is Not Enough - Willard Swartley
- What Stance Do You Take About War? (Youth) - Andre Gingerich Stoner
- What Can You Really Do To Make Peace Practical in Everyday Life? - Rich Meyer
- Restorative Justice and Conflict Resolution in the North American context - Ted Lewis
- 5 percent hog the M&M's - Susan Mark Landis and MCC Washington staff
- Veterans for Peace - Titus Peachey
- Peacemaking and Patriotism: What's a Faithful Mennonite to Do? - Keith Graber Miller
The PJSN display will be located in the Mennonite Mission Network tent. Free Peace and justice resources will be available, as well as PJSN products for sale. Through the day Drumming for Peace will present short sessions to teach peace principles through rhythm.
PJSN hopes to see our friends and supporters at San Jose 2007!